First things first, what is hosting?
In a nutshell, it's what puts your website on the internet. Hosting is the server (Essentially a computer which stores files and controls access) which your website is stored on. It is important to host your website on a reliable server for a majority of reasons - Speed of your website, security, uptime are but a few of what's needed from a server.
So why do we take pride in our servers?
Our hosting servers are completely UK based (Kent to be precise), housed in an EX-MOD (Ministry of Defence) bunker, 25 mtrs underground surrounded by round the clock CCTV, security staff and dogs. Now that's secure!
We pride ourselves on a 99% guaranteed uptime.
We have a strong relationship with our hosting provider - we have been a customer of theirs for several years.
So there you have it, hosting in a nutshell.
You can rest-assured that your website will be safe with us and will be running at full optimisation.
A good hosting provider will give you:
- 24/7 support
- 24/7 FTP access (so you can update your website)
- A number of email accounts (i.e. yourName@yourDomain.com)
- Online control panel for managing your website
- Online traffic statistics (so you can see how much traffic your website receives)
- A robust database management system, such as MySQL or MS SQL. This is so you can add your own database if required